Sunday, July 15, 2007

Roadblock Republicans

At the behest of the DCCC, I sent this letter to the editor of the St. Petersburg Times:

This week the Roadblock Republicans in the Tampa Bay Area, Gus Bilirakis,Ginny Brown-Waite, Adam Putnam and Bill Young, all voted against the House Democrats plan to begin redeploying our troops from the civil war in Iraq. That puts them at odds with 71% of the American people according to a USA Today/Gallup Poll taken last weekend.

These Roadblock Republicans are standing shoulder to shoulder with President Bush on Iraq. According to a recent Newsweek poll, that puts them at odds with 68% of the American people who disapprove of the way Bush is handling the situation in Iraq.

According to other recent polls, the public view of Congress is at an all time low. I suggest to you that the way to improve your opinion of Congress is to get rid of these Roadblock Republicans who stand in the way of what you want, getting our troops out Iraq. Apparently until we get these Roadblock Republicans out of Congress, our troops will be stuck in the civil war in Iraq.
Please add your voice to mine. Let's see if these Roadblock Republicans are really impervious to the wishes of 71% of the American public.

3 comments:

Susan S said...

Did you coin this term? I love it! It works better than "rubber stamp" Republicans now.

gatordem said...

No, I wish I had. It was in the email from the DCCC urging the writing of the LTE's.

But I happily steal any phrase or term I thinnk is good.

Ray Seaman said...

If I didn't come to Florida Kossacks for the great content - I'd at least come for the psychedelic colors :)